Registration fees include, but not limited to the following:
- Hockey Edmonton, Hockey Alberta, and Hockey Canada fees
- League fees
- Player, trainer and coach insurance coverage
- Benchstaff honorariums
- Benchstaff clinics and certification
- Benchstaff supplies & apparel
- Director honorariums
- Mentorship honorarium
- Sports psychology sessions
- Player and goalie development
- Spin Classes at MLAC Clubhouse
- Trainer fees and trainer supplies
- Assigned practice ice
- Game ice
- Referee fees for league play (Exhibition and playoffs are the responsibility of the teams)
- Timekeeper & scorekeeper fees for league play (Exhibition and playoffs are the responsibility of the teams)
- Equipment such as: workout wear, practice jersey & socks, game jersey & socks costs as well as team equipment like pails, pucks, first aid kits and coach equipment
- MLAC Apparel
- Preseason evaluation tournament fees
- U15 EBIT tournament fees
- Banquet, awards & team photos
- Travel costs - bus, hotel, meal allowance for league games out-of-town to a maximum
- Club administration fees and facility maintenance
Registration Rules and Policies
- Before jerseys are issued, all players must pay registration fees. We will accept a payment plan (post-dated credit card payments) but payment must be made at time of registration. We no longer accept personal cheques. All fees must be paid in full by December 31, 2023. If after December 31, 2023 fees are not paid in full, players will not be allowed to continue skating with their teams or participate in any team activities until all fees are paid in full.
- Players will only be allowed on the ice after they have been registered and their fees have been paid.
- Financial assistance is available for families who are finding it difficult to make full payments and qualify for financial assistance. Please contact Liz Huston at email@example.com
- It is also recommended that families apply to KidSport, Canadian Tire Jumpstart, Hockey Canada Foundation "Assist Fund" (Lace Em Up) and other organizations that may offer financial support
- Injured players, who will still be playing in the season, need to pay in full - regardless of when they will return to the ice.
- If a player is injured and will not be able to return to season play may receive a prorated refund according to the length of time he/she has played but each case will be judged on an individual basis and is at the discretion of MLAC Executive. Application for refund must be made in writing with injury details and supporting medical documentation to the MLAC Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Player will forfeit a minimum of a $100 of their registration fee if they quit or transfer to another association before the first league game. A Player will not receive a refund if they quit or transfer after the first league game.
- If a Player leaves through player movement they will receive a full registration refund after confirmation of team placement.
For the 2023-24 season, MLAC is accepting payments in 3 installments as noted above. The first installment is due on registration night. Registration will be scheduled and a payment authorization form will be emailed to parents prior to the meeting.
Please note that we do not accept cheques or debit.
If you choose to pay by credit card, installments will automatically be charged to your card card on the dates listed.
***Note that each team will be responsible for paying for additional practice ice over and above what is allocated to the team by the club. Team bonding activities, all tournament costs, and other team related fees (to be determined by the team manager and treasurer and shared with the parents) are not included in the registration fees. Teams are encouraged to fundraise in order to offset additional team costs or supplement a larger team budget.
***Playoffs and exhibition costs are the sole responsibility of the individual teams and will not be covered by the club.
Those families with more than one player rostered on an MLAC team in the same season will receive a 10% discount which will be applied to the registration fee of the player with the lower registration fee
Should you have any questions in regards to the above, please contact Liz Huston, MLAC Treasurer at email@example.com